To ensure the proper reproduction of customer supplied art files, we have put together a list of artwork guidelines that will make peparing your files for output simple and complete.
- Our label size is 2.5″ x 6.75″
- Adobe Illustrator (.ai, .eps)
- Adobe InDesign (.indd)
- Adobe PhotoShop (.psd, .eps)
- QuarkXpress (.qxd)
Placed Image Files
- Please use EPS Vector based formats. JPEG, GIF, and BMP files are not desirable and will produce a poor quality finished label.
- Convert all placed color images to CMYK. RGB files will not reproduce properly.
- Convert all placed black and white images to Gray Scale.
- Save all placed image files at 300 dpi or above. 72 dpi works good for computer screens but does not provide enough detail for printing.
- Save images as layered files, not flattened.
- Always include your placed image files seperately, even though they may already be imbedded.
- Crop and rotate your images in Photoshop instead of your layout program to insure proper optimized processing. Within your layout program, mask images as needed.
- Convert all fonts to outlines within your design program to avoid font ID conflicts and/or substitutions.
- Post Script Fonts and True Type Fonts are preferred. Try not to use Multiple Master Fonts.
Following these guidelines will result in a much faster and higher quality finished product!